In the Book of Acts, we are inspired by the history of the early church. They devoted themselves to the Apostle’s teaching, prayer, fellowship, and the Lord’s Supper, commonly called “communion.”
On this page, you will find a variety of media and information that will deepen your understanding of communion.
Reference scriptures: John 6:33-53, Luke 22, Matthew 26, 1 Corinthians 11:22-32.
Healing and Forgiveness at the Lord’s Table
In this video, Kurt Svendsgaard teaches on the relationship between the Lord’s Table, healing, and forgiveness. The Lord’s Table has its roots back in Passover. Just as healing and forgiveness are benefits of Passover, they are also noted as benefits of communion.
- What was required of the Hebrews for the first Passover?
- What benefits did they see?
- What is required of Christians for communion?
- What benefits does the Lord provide through communion?
The Lord’s Supper
In this video, DA Carson teaches from 1 Corinthians 11: 17-34, explaining several fundamental points believers should remember as they partake of the Lord’s Supper.
- What should we remember as we take communion?
- What are we to proclaim as we take communion?
- What should we do to prepare our hearts for communion?
The Power of the Lord’s Supper
In this video, Pastor Christopher Dodge talks about the power of the Lord’s Supper and clearly articulates the connection between the Passover of the Old Testament and the Lord’s Supper of the New Testament. It is about revival, transformation, and renewal.
“Jesus is who he claimed to be—the Passover Lamb who was slain, the Lamb of God who takes away the sins of the world.” Pastor Christopher Dodge
- In what manner was the Jewish Paschal lamb offered?
- In what way(s) was Jesus like the Jewish Paschal lamb?
- How does the Jewish Paschal lamb point to God’s great plan to redeem mankind?